Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blip Box - Drum Synth by Sketch Audio (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blip-box-drum-synth/id6452880190

Blip Box is a sixteen voice drum synthesizer that may look nice but can sound mean. Blip Box takes inspiration from a variety of synths, both analog and digital. We pulled together all the things we love about drum synthesis: complex frequency modulation, snappy envelopes, harsh effects; and put them together in a compact, touch-friendly package. The result is a truly unique digital sound engine that has taken on a life of its own.
Whatever you do, don’t have fun with it!
Features:

• Focused, fun, and characterful synth engine
  • Touch-first design, almost the entire screen is part of a control
  • Runs standalone or as AUv3 plug-in
  • Universal purchase on Apple platforms: runs on iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Presets synced across your devices via iCloud
  • Hook up a MIDI controller to play with a keyboard (optional)
    Details:

• Pure synthesis engine, no samples

• Complex digital oscillator with two-way frequency modulation
  • White noise source
  • Two snappy AD envelopes with variable shape
  • Unique mix control for pure oscillator sound or ring mod mayhem
  • “Choose-your-own-adventure” effect: analog (ish) wavefolder or digital degradation - State variable filter for tone shaping
  • Envelopes can be routed to modulate oscillator shape, pitch, or filter cutoff
  • Mix to filter cutoff modulation available for crispy filter FM
  • Velocity responsive, either in traditional level (gain) mode or rare brightness mode - Multi-out mode available when running in AUv3 mode
  • Master tune for keeping tonal drum sounds in tune with your song

Check out our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@sketchaudio Read the manuals: https://sketchaudio.com/manuals/

Comments

• curious if it passes my psykick synthesis test, which vast majority of ios drum synth failes :trollface:

• @dendy said:
    curious if it passes my psykick synthesis test, which vast majority of ios drum synth failes :trollface:

Damn it! I was about to say "can it do Psy Kicks". 😂🤣 Then again Dendy, just slap FAC Transient on the kick drum if it's weak sauce and turn the attack UP! 😃

• Sketch Audio is Ryan Robinson's new brand (the developer behind ZOA, OODA, SDS-x and AutoPad). He's also got an interesting eight voice phase distortion synth in development.

• @enkaytee said:
    Sketch Audio is Ryan Robinson's new brand (the developer behind ZOA, OODA, SDS-x and AutoPad). He's also got an interesting eight voice phase distortion synth in development.

Oh sweet! So I’m assuming these are AUV3 then?

SDS-X and Autopad get tons of use from me. ZOA and OODA a little less so but I still love ‘em.

• Whew the amount of cool apps coming out so quickly behind each other for the last few months has been crazy. Definitely interested in these.

• @HotStrange said:

@enkaytee said:
    Sketch Audio is Ryan Robinson's new brand (the developer behind ZOA, OODA, SDS-x and AutoPad). He's also got an interesting eight voice phase distortion synth in development.

Oh sweet! So I’m assuming these are AUV3 then?

SDS-X and Autopad get tons of use from me. ZOA and OODA a little less so but I still love ‘em.

Yes, Both new releases are AUv3

• What are these 16 squares numbered 35 to 50 below the screen, is that a sequencer or a keyboard?

• @Slush said:
    What are these 16 squares numbered 35 to 50 below the screen, is that a sequencer or a keyboard?

Keyboard

• Any ETA or still a ways off?

• edited September 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@dendy said:
    curious if it passes my psykick synthesis test, which vast majority of ios drum synth failes :trollface:

Damn it! I was about to say "can it do Psy Kicks". 😂🤣 Then again Dendy, just slap FAC Transient on the kick drum if it's weak sauce and turn the attack UP! 😃

nope, basic mistake .. look at this type of kick in audio editor

gain of transient isn’t mich higher (it can be even lower) than gain of body..

main trick is on PITCH envelope, it starts pretty high (even up to 8-10khz) - unlike kick in most of other genres, and then pitch sweep is very fast during initial 10-30 ms and then it is significantly slower …

it’s much more about proper pitch envelope than transient shaping of gain.

On iOS, to my knowledge you can do this type of kick partially in FAC Drumkit and then there is bew upcoming kick synth which is not released yet..

other than that, any other existing kick synth either doesn’t have needed pitch range or doesn’t gave needed pitch envelope …

On desktop there is “Bazzism” which is plugin specially designed for psy/goa kicks

pretty curious what will be pitch shaping possibilities and max pitch range in this new synth …

• @HotStrange said:
    Any ETA or still a ways off?

Tuesday!!

• @dendy said:

On iOS, to my knowledge you can do this type of kick partially in FAC Drumkit and then there is bew upcoming kick synth which is not released yet..

I'm quite sure the 'can it be done in app...' (ie. Drambo) can get somewhat close with the Graphical Envelope with a +/-4 octave sweep range :sunglasses:

• edited September 2023

@Samu said:

@dendy said:

I'm quite sure the 'can it be done in app...' (ie. Drambo) can get somewhat close with the Graphical Envelope with a +/-4 octave sweep range :sunglasses:

Drambo! Of course. I need to learn to think more “dramboish” now when it finaly clicked with me.. will try it, thanks for inspiration

• edited September 2023

@Samu

You was true .. tried it .. Drambo is fantastic, got absolutely great psykick in literally no time

• @dendy said:
    @Samu

You was true .. tried it .. Drambo is fantastic, got absolutely great psykick in literally no time

You can also get some pretty meaty kicks by modulating the AN Kick module in various ways or just triggering the impulse module and feeding it thru the resonator or filter etc. There's just too many 'toys' to play around with :sunglasses:

• @ninobeatz said:

@HotStrange said:
    Any ETA or still a ways off?

Tuesday!!

And on payday no less 😎 thanks Nino!

• I saw this on Twitter and, like young folks here say… Instabuy!.
    Super versatile and super gritty. Same category as Fractal Bits?.

• @tahiche said:
    I saw this on Twitter and, like young folks here say… Instabuy!.
    Super versatile and super gritty. Same category as Fractal Bits?.

This has no randomiser. I personally would probably chose this over fractal bits tho, more control

• edited September 2023

Can’t find this in the manual.

Apparently “Lift settings” copies the current kit piece, and “Drop” pastes it into another slot. Very useful to create custom kits (works across kits). I find the naming quite odd if it’s indeed a “copy & paste” thingy…

• No one else had issues opening this app? I bought it , and phase monkey, and neither are opening at all. Either standalone, or as auv3 in AUM. They both crash immediately. Have messaged the dev

• edited September 2023

FAC Drumkit is way superrior drum synth to this one. It can do all what this and much more.

• @dendy said:
    FAC Drumkit is way superrior drum synth to this one. It can do all what this and much more.

This one looks much simpler to use.

• @dendy, so there's no bazzism substitute available?

• @dendy said:

But then again, Blip Box seems simpler to use. Mate, have you tried it? Can it make Psy kicks?

• @dendy said:
    @Samu

Cool! Any vid / screenshot or patchstorage file for this? Would be great. Ta!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@dendy said:

But then again, Blip Box seems simpler to use. Mate, have you tried it? Can it make Psy kicks?

I like this dev, and he also made this completely universal including macOS.

I’ll be picking up both of his new apps fo’ shizzle!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@dendy said:

But then again, Blip Box seems simpler to use.

don’t think so.. just plain kick engine in FAC D is pretty straightforward … don’t see any reson to grab this one when i have FAC D

Mate, have you tried it?

yes

Can it make Psy kicks?

absolutely no :-)

• edited September 2023

@SpookyZoo said:

@dendy said:
    @Samu

Cool! Any vid / screenshot or patchstorage file for this? Would be great. Ta!

will upload on patch storage later, need to define good few macro/morph knobs to make it tweakabke in usable range, and naybe will upload it as package together with psy bass instrument, psy squelch and psy lead instruments ;)

• It looks cool, the layout reminds me of the volca drum synth a bit